Thu, Jun 16|
The Catch Me If You Can | Jessica Nabongo in conversation with Myleik Teele
Join us in celebrating the release of The Catch Me If You Can! We will be joined by Jessica Nabongo, who will be sharing stories of traveling around the world, inspire us to book our next trip, and more. RSVP by purchasing a copy and you will receive the crowdcast lin!
Time & Location
Jun 16, 2022, 7:00 PM
About the Event
About The Catch Me If You Can
Beautifully illustrated with many of Nabongo’s own photographs, the book documents her remarkable experiences in each country, including:
- A harrowing scooter accident in Nauru, the world’s least visited country,
- Seeing the life and community swarming around the Hazrat Ali Mazar mosque in Afghanistan,
- Horseback riding and learning to lasso with Black cowboys in Oklahoma,
- Playing dominoes with men on the streets of Havana,
- Learning to make traditional takoyaki (octopus balls) from locals in Japan,
- Dog sledding in Norway and swimming with humpback whales in Tonga,
- A late night adventure with strangers to cross a border in Guinea Bissau,
- And sunbathing on the sandy shores of Los Roques in Venezuela.
Along with beloved destinations like Peru and South Africa, you’ll also find tales from far-flung corners and seldom visited destinations, including Tuvalu, North Korea, South Sudan, and the Central African Republic. Nabongo’s stories are love letters to diversity, beauty, and culture―and most of all, to the people she meets along the way. Throughout, she offers bucket-list experiences for other travel-lovers looking to follow in her footsteps.
About Jessica Nabongo:
Jessica Nabongo is a global citizen who is a master storyteller, travel expert and sought after brand ambassador. She is the first black woman to have traveled to every country in the world. Named one of the 50 Most Notable People in Travel, by Travel and Leisure, Jessica uses her platforms to educate and inspire others to travel and experience the world around them, with an emphasis on bringing untold stories to the world, whether in books, interviews or social media. Her first book, The Catch Me If You Can, published by National Geographic, is out on June 14th, 2022.
- Ticket type
RSVP w/ Signed Book Purchase
Includes domestic shipping and signed bookPrice$42.11
- Ticket type
RSVP w/ Unsigned Book Purchase
Includes domestic shippingPrice$42.11