Frequently Asked Questions
As we grow, there are more and more questions to answer with less time to get to them all. Please know, we value you, your time and investment. We hope this page answers all your questions. We will continue to update this page as we identify themes.If your question is not addressed, please email us at email@example.com.
Dear Cafe con Libros,
The following books are on back order from our distributor:
1. I've been trying to reach out via email, calling and IG with no success. Where can I get my questions answered?
Thank you for reaching out. We apologize for the delay. We're currently working through emails dating back to June 2020.
Please do not leave a voice message. Currently, we are not answering voice messages or text. We hope to resume in the coming months.
Please do not use IG, a public platform, to have a private dialogue.
We've created a dedicated community care email to expedite and streamline your questions. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. I placed an order at the beginning of the month and haven't heard anything about it. Can you provide an update, please?
Your order has been processed through our book distributor. If the book is in stock, it will ship in 2-3 business days.
If not, the distributor has to wait for the book to be replenished. Given the volume (100,000+) of interest in the same books at the same time + COVID19 staffing restrictions on printing companies, fulfillment has been severely delayed.
1. I received an e-gift certificate and would like to redeem it. What's the process?
Lucky you! If you're in the neighborhood and feel safe enough to venture out, please stop by to redeem.
If not, your e-gift certificate is assigned a gift card number. You can use this form to order any book. We will use your gift card to pay and e-mail the receipt. The receipt will include the book and remaining balance. If you elect delivery, you will receive an email once it's shipped. If you choose pick-up, you will receive an email when the book is ready.
Unfortunately, at this time, you're not able to use your gift cards on the website. Don't worry; we're exploring a possible solution.
Feminist & Bookish Subscription:
Please see the Feminist & Bookish FAQ page here.
1. Can you cancel my subscription, please?
We are sorry to see you go. You are better positioned to seamlessly cancel the subscription. You can do so using the confirmation email and/or paypal. If you still are unable to cancel, please email us with "I'm Unable to Cancel My Subscription."
1. Are any of your books on sale?
Yes, our best sellers are on sale. Please check out our home page for our most ordered books. Be aware, the selection changes every week so, catch the discount when you can.
2. When I place an order, does it mean the book is available in the bookstore for pick-up?
This is a very common question. Yes, sometimes the book is in the bookstore. However, due to limitations on space, there is no way for us to stock all books at the same time. To keep our in-store book selection diverse and expansive, we order in small quantities.
What is guaranteed when you place an order is that we've searched to confirm our book distributor carries the title. If not, we will inform you and at your request, search for another title.
The best thing to do is wait for an email stating the book is ready for pick-up.
3. I ordered a book for pick-up about a week ago. I'm wondering if I can come pick it up today?
No. Here's why... we have orders that are weeks old and are trying to be fair in our fulfillment process. I hope you understand.
On the other hand, there are times when we have to order the book from either the publisher or distributor. We place bulk orders twice a week (Mon/Thurs). So, the wait may be a bit longer.
During normal times, the pick-up process rarely exceeds a week. However, just about 10 days ago ( July 10), we had over 400 pick-up orders . We are currently down to less than 150 (packing out July 1). We email about 40-50 people a day. We ask for your patience. You will receive an email soon.
4. I ordered a book and haven't received a tracking number. Can you give me an update, please?
Yes, we understand you want to know all about your new book friend. Here's a couple of first steps to consider before emailing or calling:
a. is your book on the back ordered list
b. have you received an email from us requesting your full address
c. have you received an email from Ingram with a tracking number (please check junk mail)
We are experiencing an increase in returned books due to invalid addresses. This is often a result of auto-population while completing the form. Please review your confirmed order form to ensure the address is correct. If not, please send us an email and in the subject line: "Correcting My Shipping Address."
If none of the above pans out and it's been 8 weeks, please email us with "Missing Book + The Invoice Number" in the subject line.
5. I ordered a book 4 weeks ago. What's the timeline for delivery?
Currently, it's about 5-6 weeks. This is for many reasons.
a. orders placed between May 31-September 13, 100% of our orders were placed through our distributor
b. orders placed May 31- June 4 (more than 1k orders) were completed between June 15-17
c. many books have sold out nationally
d. there is only one distributor in the country
e. COVID19 restrictions has impacted all areas of life
f. on average, media mail takes 7-10 days. During COVID19, 2-3 weeks
g. USPS is running slightly behind
6. I love your store; I'd like to purchase a physical gift card! Is there a way to order a physical gift card online for a custom dollar amount?
Thank you. Yes, please use the "+" to arrive at the dollar amount you'd like on one single gift card.
7. I received 2 of the three books that I ordered. I'm confused, I thought you don't split orders. Did you mess it up?
Thank you for checking in. No, we did not mess up :). Our distributor, Ingram, has an immediate release policy. This means, if you order 3 books and two are ready for shipping, they will be shipped immediately. The third book will ship once the stock is replenished.
8. You mentioned we’d hear from the distributor. Could you let me know what that company name is so I know who to keep an eye out for in my emails?
Yes, of course. Our distributor is Ingram.
9. I realize that some of my books are on back order. I’m wondering if you’d be able to give me a timeline on when the books may ship based on when they're in stock.
Unfortunately, no. Your order is being processed through our distributor. We are not alerted when books are replenished. The books are immediately released once they are and you will receive an email when they ship.
10. I realize that some of my book are on back order. Once they are replenished, how long will it take for me to receive them?
Unfortunately, we are not in a position to offer a definitive timeline on delivery. Receipt of your order is entirely dependent on USPS speed and accuracy.
11. I ordered a book weeks ago. Your automatic response says it's on back order yet, available in the store. Can you ship from the store?
Thank you for reading the automatic response! Unfortunately, at this time, we are not fulfilling direct to home delivery from the physical store. We have over 265 orders for pick-up. We're using in store stock to complete those orders. We really apologize for the wait and inconvenience.
12. What shipping services do you use?
USPS Media Mail (average 7-10 days). Due to COVID19, delivery is estimated to be 2-3 weeks.
13. I ordered a Cafe con Libros mug for delivery. I haven't received it. Can you provide an update?
Thanks for circling back re: this order. Our coffee mugs are for in-store pick up only. If you are not able to physically, personally retrieve the mug, we will refund the cost + shipping.
14. I ordered a tote bag + some books. I haven't received the tote bag. Can you provide an update?
On average, we pack and ship tote bags within 2-4 days of receiving the order. The book portion of your order will be fulfilled by Ingram.
15. I ordered books a few weeks ago. My books aren't on the back ordered list. Can you explain this?
Yes, certainly. The list presented above is not exhaustive of all books that may be back ordered. In ordinary times, you would receive an email if your book is on back order however; we have momentarily suspended that courtesy message to focus on fulfilling orders.
16. I have not received my order. I would like a refund.
Unfortunately, if your order has been processed, confirmed and shipped, we are are unable to provide a refund. We understand how long and frustrating the wait has been. However, we have fulfilled our contract with you and ask for patience with the USPS.
Over the past few months, we have experienced unprecedented returns. It is very possible that you're book is on it's way back to us. If so, you will receive an email extending three options: a. pick-up b. refund c. redelivery. We are sorry for the inconvenience and what we assume is disappointment.
We acknowledge the concern, angst and/or frustration experienced by not having received your order and/or direct response to your email. We are systematically working through customer service emails. In the meantime, we hope this page is helpful. Thank you for the understanding and support.
-kqd + team cafe con libros.