Here at Cafe con Libros, we believe reading is more than fundamental. It is healing, empowering and enriching.
A good book or even a not-so-good one has the power to shift entire worldviews. We host book clubs and author events with the hope that the experience opens minds and hearts. However, more importantly, we aim to create a space where our community dialogue will continue the growth process and build lasting relationships.
If you're interested in partnering on an event, please email our event coordinator here.
Our Feminist Book Club has been meeting since January 2018. We read only books written by, for and about womxn.
We are committed to reading at the intersections of identities and strive for our books to represent a rich, colorful array of stories from around the globe. To see what we've read, please visit Feminist Book Club page.
We meet every second Sunday of the month.
The Womxn of Color Book Club held its first meeting in December of 2019. As such, we are still finding our voice and personality. This is a dedicated space for Womxn of Color - it is place for us to just be.
Be in our skin. Be in our joy. Be in our pain. And, be in community.
To see what we've read, please visit the Womxn of Color Book Club page.
We meet every fourth Sunday of the month.
All are welcome. Please simply RSVP.
- Aug 10, 7:00 PMCrowdcastJoin us in celebrating the debut release of BEN AND BEATRIZ, a Much Ado About Nothing retelling, with Katalina Gamarra and Prisca Dorca Mojica Rodriguez!
- Aug 11, 7:00 PMCrowdcastJoin us in celebrating the release of Stand Up! with author Brittney Cooper and illustrator Cathy Ann Johnson!
- Aug 12, 7:00 PMZOOMJoin us for the 20th year anniversary celebration and gathering for Colonize This! Young Women of Color on Today’s Feminism
- Aug 16, 7:00 PMDaughter , 1090 St Johns Pl, Brooklyn, NY 11213, USAJoin us in celebrating the release of The Milky Way with Moiya McTier, joined by Jackie Faherty.
- Aug 31, 7:00 PMCrowdcastJoin us in celebrating the release of debut novel HOW YOU GROW WINGS by Rimma Onoseta, in conversation with Candice Iloh!