Here at Cafe con Libros, we believe reading is more than fundamental. It is healing, empowering and enriching.
A good book or even a not-so-good one has the power to shift entire worldviews. We host book clubs and author events with the hope that the experience opens minds and hearts. However, more importantly, we aim to create a space where our community dialogue will continue the growth process and build lasting relationships.
If you're interested in partnering on an event, please email our event coordinator here.
Our Feminist Book Club has been meeting since January 2018. We read only books written by, for and about womxn.
We are committed to reading at the intersections of identities and strive for our books to represent a rich, colorful array of stories from around the globe. To see what we've read, please visit Feminist Book Club page.
We meet every second Sunday of the month.
The Womxn of Color Book Club held its first meeting in December of 2019. As such, we are still finding our voice and personality. This is a dedicated space for Womxn of Color - it is place for us to just be.
Be in our skin. Be in our joy. Be in our pain. And, be in community.
To see what we've read, please visit the Womxn of Color Book Club page.
We meet every fourth Sunday of the month.
All are welcome. Please simply RSVP.
- Sep 28, 7:00 PMBrooklyn, 15 Lafayette Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11217, USAJoin us and The Center for Fiction to celebrate the release of Laura Warrell's SWEET, SOFT, PLENTY RHYTHM!
- Oct 06, 7:00 PMCrowdcastJoin us to celebrate the release of PANAMA IN BLACK!
- Oct 08, 12:00 PM – 3:00 PMBrooklyn, 1109 Fulton St, Brooklyn, NY 11238, USAJoin Lola & tots and Cafe Con Libros for a free, fun-filled celebration of Latinx Heritage and Culture!
- Oct 12, 7:00 PMCrowdcastJoin us to celebrate the paperback launch of MY MONTICELLO
- Oct 13, 7:00 PMBrooklyn, 1120 Washington Ave #2, Brooklyn, NY 11225, USAJoin Cafe con Libros and The COMPOUND Co-Work to celebrate the release of REST IS RESISTANCE!
- Oct 18, 7:00 PMCrowdcastCelebrate LGBTQ+ History month with some wonderful poetry and conversation!
- Oct 20, 7:00 PMCrowdcastJoin us to celebrate Andrea Chapela’s debut essay collection!
- Oct 23, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM EDTZoomFor fans of Thrity Umrigar's The Space Between Us, Alka Josh's The Henna Artist, an own-voices debut, is lushly-rendered, emotional book club fiction set in post-Raj 1950s Jaipur about a young woman struggling to shape her own destiny in a world pivoting between the traditional and the modern.
- Nov 29, 6:30 PMBrooklyn, 1561 Bedford Ave Suite Ground A, Brooklyn, NY 11225, USAJoin us alongside Brooklyn Community Pride Center to celebrate the launch of WE DESERVE MONUMENTS!