Here at Cafe con Libros, we believe reading is more than fundamental. It is healing, empowering and enriching.
A good book or even a not-so-good one has the power to shift entire worldviews. We host book clubs and author events with the hope that the experience opens minds and hearts. However, more importantly, we aim to create a space where our community dialogue will continue the growth process and build lasting relationships.
If you're interested in partnering on an event, please email our event coordinator here.
Our Feminist Book Club has been meeting since January 2018. We read only books written by, for and about womxn.
We are committed to reading at the intersections of identities and strive for our books to represent a rich, colorful array of stories from around the globe. To see what we've read, please visit Feminist Book Club page.
We meet every second Sunday of the month.
The Womxn of Color Book Club held its first meeting in December of 2019. As such, we are still finding our voice and personality. This is a dedicated space for Womxn of Color - it is place for us to just be.
Be in our skin. Be in our joy. Be in our pain. And, be in community.
To see what we've read, please visit the Womxn of Color Book Club page.
We meet every fourth Sunday of the month.
All are welcome. Please simply RSVP.
- Sep 28, 7:00 PM EDTCrowdcastAccompanied by beautiful and intimate photographs of each woman, My Beautiful Black Hair is an encouraging voice for young Black women and the adults who remember their own journeys to self-acceptance.
- Author Talk: This Is How You Vagina | Dr. Nicole Williams in conversation with Hannah Matluck from The V HiveSep 29, 7:00 PM EDTCrowdcast
- Oct 01, 7:00 PM EDTCrowdcastA 2021 Brooklyn Book Festival Bookend Event
- Oct 07, 7:00 PM EDTCrowdcastFrom the powerhouse author of The Memo, the essential self-help book for women of color to heal—and thrive—in the workplace
- Oct 07, 8:00 PM EDTZoomJoin Penguin Teen for a live virtual panel featuring five young adult and middle grade authors!
- Oct 11, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM EDTCrowdcastA hilarious and whip-smart collection of essays, offering an intimate look at bisexuality, gender, and, of course, sex. Perfect for fans of Lindy West, Samantha Irby, and Rebecca Solnit—and anyone who wants, and deserves, to be seen.
- Author Talk: Call and Response | Veronica Chambers and Jennifer Harlan in conversation with Nancy ReddOct 12, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM EDTCrowdcastCall and Response: The Story of Black Lives Matter is a broad and powerful exploration of the history of Black Lives Matter told through photographs, quotes, and informative text by New York Times best-selling authors Veronica Chambers and Jennifer Harlan.
- Oct 16, 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM EDTBrooklyn, 724 Prospect Pl, Brooklyn, NY 11216, USAHave you ever wanted to exchange the books you already have with new books for free? @blkbookswap, founded by avid book reader Trae (@issatrae), had that exact goal in mind when she founded Blk Book Swap in November 2020.
- Oct 19, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM EDTCrowdcastAn incandescent and inspiring memoir of resilience from a courageous young woman whose powerful advocacy brings to mind the presence, resolve, and moral authority of Amanda Gorman and Greta Thunberg