Here at Cafe con Libros, we believe reading is more than fundamental. It is healing, empowering and enriching.
A good book or even a not-so-good one has the power to shift entire worldviews. We host book clubs and author events with the hope that the experience opens minds and hearts. However, more importantly, we aim to create a space where our community dialogue will continue the growth process and build lasting relationships.
If you're interested in partnering on an event, please email our event coordinator here.
Our Feminist Book Club has been meeting since January 2018. We read only books written by, for and about womxn.
We are committed to reading at the intersections of identities and strive for our books to represent a rich, colorful array of stories from around the globe. To see what we've read, please visit Feminist Book Club page.
We meet every second Sunday of the month.
The Womxn of Color Book Club held its first meeting in December of 2019. As such, we are still finding our voice and personality. This is a dedicated space for Womxn of Color - it is place for us to just be.
Be in our skin. Be in our joy. Be in our pain. And, be in community.
To see what we've read, please visit the Womxn of Color Book Club page.
We meet every fourth Sunday of the month.
All are welcome. Please simply RSVP.
- May 25, 7:00 PMCrowdcastJoin us in celebrating the release of debut novel JUST YOUR LOCAL BISEXUAL DISASTER! In this voice-driven young adult debut by Andrea Mosqueda, Maggie Gonzalez needs a date to her sister's quinceañera - and fast. Join Andrea in conversation with Johanna.
- May 31, 7:00 PMDaughter, 1090 St Johns Pl, Brooklyn, NY 11213, USAIntroducing Las Leonas! Join us in celebrating the release of A Caribbean Heiress in Pairs on May 31, 2021 at Daughter, 1090 St Johns Pl, Brooklyn, NY, 11213.
- Jun 08, 7:00 PMLocation is TBD
- Jun 16, 7:00 PMCrowdcastJoin us in celebrating the release of The Catch Me If You Can! We will be joined by Jessica Nabongo, who will be sharing stories of traveling around the world, inspire us to book our next trip, and more. RSVP by purchasing a copy and you will receive the crowdcast lin!
- Jun 22, 7:30 PMCrowdcastKindred Stories, Solid State Books, Cafe Con Libros, and Shelves Bookstore present Good Morning, Love with Ashley M. Coleman in conversation with Pauleanne Reid.