Here at Cafe con Libros, we believe reading is more than fundamental. It is healing, empowering and enriching.
A good book or even a not-so-good one has the power to shift entire worldviews. We host book clubs and author events with the hope that the experience opens minds and hearts. However, more importantly, we aim to create a space where our community dialogue will continue the growth process and build lasting relationships.
If you're interested in partnering on an event, please email our event coordinator here.
Our Feminist Book Club has been meeting since January 2018. We read only books written by, for and about womxn.
We are committed to reading at the intersections of identities and strive for our books to represent a rich, colorful array of stories from around the globe. To see what we've read, please visit Feminist Book Club page.
We meet every second Sunday of the month.
The Womxn of Color Book Club held its first meeting in December of 2019. As such, we are still finding our voice and personality. This is a dedicated space for Womxn of Color - it is place for us to just be.
Be in our skin. Be in our joy. Be in our pain. And, be in community.
To see what we've read, please visit the Womxn of Color Book Club page.
We meet every fourth Sunday of the month.
All are welcome. Please simply RSVP.
- Jul 14, 8:00 PMZoom WebinarJoin us in celebrating the release of Erika L. Sanchez's CRYING IN THE BATHROOM, an utterly original memoir-in-essays that is as deeply moving as it is hilarious.
- Jul 21, 7:00 PMCrowdcastFrom the bestselling author of Mexican Gothic and Velvet Was the Night comes a dreamy reimagining of The Island of Doctor Moreau set against the backdrop of nineteenth-century Mexico.
- Jul 26, 7:00 PMCrowdcastJoin Yasmin and Lupita in conversation as they discuss Yasmin's debut ¡Ándale, Prieta!, grief, and growing up in a Mexican family.
- Jul 30, 1:00 PMBrooklyn, 1109 Fulton St, Brooklyn, NY 11238, USAJoin us for as author Karla Mayenbeer Cruz reads her children's book, The Adventures of Pepita Morales followed by activities for kids to learn about community activism and more!
- Aug 04, 8:00 PMBrooklyn, 149 7th St, Brooklyn, NY 11215, USAOverwhelmed by racial injustice? Outraged by the news? Find yourself asking, “What can I doooooo?” DO THE WORK!
- Aug 10, 7:00 PMCrowdcastJoin us in celebrating the debut release of BEN AND BEATRIZ, a Much Ado About Nothing retelling, with Katalina Gamarra and Prisca Dorca Mojica Rodriguez!
- Aug 11, 7:00 PMCrowdcastJoin us in celebrating the release of Stand Up! with author Brittney Cooper and illustrator Cathy Ann Johnson!
- Aug 12, 7:00 PMCrowdcastJoin us for the 20th year anniversary celebration and gathering for Colonize This! Young Women of Color on Today’s Feminism
- Aug 16, 7:00 PMDaughter , 1090 St Johns Pl, Brooklyn, NY 11213, USAJoin us in celebrating the release of The Milky Way with Moiya McTier, joined by Jackie Faherty.