Here at Cafe con Libros, we believe reading is more than fundamental. It is healing, empowering and enriching.
A good book or even a not-so-good one has the power to shift entire worldviews. We host book clubs and author events with the hope that the experience opens minds and hearts. However, more importantly, we aim to create a space where our community dialogue will continue the growth process and build lasting relationships.
If you're interested in partnering on an event, please email our event coordinator here.
Our Feminist Book Club has been meeting since January 2018. We read only books written by, for and about womxn.
We are committed to reading at the intersections of identities and strive for our books to represent a rich, colorful array of stories from around the globe. To see what we've read, please visit Feminist Book Club page.
We meet every second Sunday of the month.
The Womxn of Color Book Club held its first meeting in December of 2019. As such, we are still finding our voice and personality. This is a dedicated space for Womxn of Color - it is place for us to just be.
Be in our skin. Be in our joy. Be in our pain. And, be in community.
To see what we've read, please visit the Womxn of Color Book Club page.
We meet every fourth Sunday of the month.
All are welcome. Please simply RSVP.
- Oct 26, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM EDTCrowdcastA debut novel from 2014 Lambda Literary fellow Regina Jamison | "Choosing Grace originated from my desire to write a book about my experiences within the black lesbian community and growing up in the Bronx." - Regina
- Author Talk: For Brown Girls with Sharp Edges and Tender Hearts | Prisca Dorcas Mojica Rodríguez with Raquel ReichardOct 28, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PMCrowdcastThe founder of Latina Rebels’ “electrifying debut” (LA Times) arms women of color with the tools and knowledge they need to find success on their own terms
- Nov 01, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM EDTCrowdcastA young girl forced to work in a Queens sweatshop calls child services on her mother in this powerful debut memoir about labor and self-worth that traces a Chinese immigrant's journey to an American future.
- Nov 02, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM EDTZoomGood Omens meets The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet in Ryka Aoki's Light From Uncommon Stars, a defiantly joyful adventure set in California's San Gabriel Valley, with cursed violins, Faustian bargains, and queer alien courtship over fresh-made donuts.
- Dec 02, 8:00 PM EST – Dec 03, 9:00 PM ESTZoomRandom House invites you to join #1 New York Times bestselling author Dr. Brené Brown for a special, one-night-only event to launch Atlas of the Heart on Thursday, December 2, at 8 p.m. ET on Zoom.