Here at Cafe con Libros, we believe reading is more than fundamental. It is healing, empowering and enriching.
A good book or even a not-so-good one has the power to shift entire worldviews. We host book clubs and author events with the hope that the experience opens minds and hearts. However, more importantly, we aim to create a space where our community dialogue will continue the growth process and build lasting relationships.
If you're interested in partnering on an event, please email our event coordinator here.
Our Feminist Book Club has been meeting since January 2018. We read only books written by, for and about womxn.
We are committed to reading at the intersections of identities and strive for our books to represent a rich, colorful array of stories from around the globe. To see what we've read, please visit Feminist Book Club page.
We meet every second Sunday of the month.
The Womxn of Color Book Club held its first meeting in December of 2019. As such, we are still finding our voice and personality. This is a dedicated space for Womxn of Color - it is place for us to just be.
Be in our skin. Be in our joy. Be in our pain. And, be in community.
To see what we've read, please visit the Womxn of Color Book Club page.
We meet every fourth Sunday of the month.
All are welcome. Please simply RSVP.
- Nov 29, 6:30 PMBrooklyn, 1561 Bedford Ave Suite Ground A, Brooklyn, NY 11225, USAJoin us alongside Brooklyn Community Pride Center and Afrolatin@ Forum to celebrate the launch of WE DESERVE MONUMENTS!
- Dec 01, 8:00 PMZoomJoin Cafe con Libros with the Black Bookstore Collective as we get cozy with some Black mystery authors!
- Dec 04, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM ESTZoom
- Dec 05, 7:00 PMwww.crowdcast.io/e/finding-la-negritaCome hear from Dr. Natasha Gordon-Chipembere as she unpacks the process of bringing this modern day Black Madonna retelling to life.
- Dec 15, 7:00 PMCrowdcastJoin us to celebrate Nyasha Williams' release of ANCESTRAL ILLUMINATION!